One of the best-preserved medieval street plans in the country can be explored in Haddington. Among the many buildings of architectural or historical interest is the Town House, designed by William Adam in 1748 and enlarged in 1830. A wall plaque at the Sidegate recalls the great heights of floods from the River Tyne. Beyond is the medieval Nungate footbridge, with the Church of St. Mary a little way upstream.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Just to the south of Haddington stands Lennoxlove House, the grand ancestral home of the very grand dukes of Hamilton…Learn More >